To Foreign Students Considering Studying in Osaka Kyoiku University. JAPAN STUDY SUPPORT is a website jointly operated by The Asian Students Cultural Association and Benesse Corporation. It provides information about studying in Japan.
The website also provides detailed information about Osaka Kyoiku University and its faculty of Education. Take full advantage of the site to learn everything you would like to know about Osaka Kyoiku University.
In addition, information for about 1,300 universities, graduate schools, two-year colleges, and vocational schools that accept foreign students is also posted.
Osaka / National
Osaka Kyoiku University has over 140 years of history and tradition, and is one of Japan’s few nationally-established education universities. The Department of Education provides programs for cultivating teachers and educators, and the Department of Educational Collaboration (scheduled to open in 2017) provides a wide-ranging education together with advanced, specialized knowledge and skills. Furthermore, our Graduate School (Master’s program) also accepts international students. As a comprehensive education university, we strive to train skilled instructors with excellent teaching abilities and human resources who can contribute to the development of society.
• As a national university, the tuition is very reasonable.
• Approximately 70% of international students are eligible for waivers for half or all of the cost of tuition.
• Osaka is a great destination for international students. Kyoto, Nara, and Hyogo are close by.
• We have dormitories for international students. (Monthly fees are between 5,300 yen and 8,630 yen (utilities are separate). If demand for rooms is high, they may be assigned by a lottery.)
• The university is situated in a national park, making for a perfect learning environment that is rich in nature.
• Osaka Kyoiku University was awarded the top prize of the “Study Abroad in Japan Awards 2015” in the West Japan National School division as the school most recommended for international students. It was noted that the award was decided based on factors such as the university’s friendliness towards international students.
(Japanese language website)