To Foreign Students Considering Studying in Nihon University. JAPAN STUDY SUPPORT is a website jointly operated by The Asian Students Cultural Association and Benesse Corporation. It provides information about studying in Japan.
The website also provides detailed information about Nihon University and its faculties of Humanities and Sciences, Law, Economics, Commerce, Art, International Relations, Science and Technology, Industrial Technology, Engineering, Medicine, Dentistry, Dentistry at Matsudo, Bioresource Sciences, Pharmacy, Sports Sciences, and Risk Management. Take full advantage of the site to learn everything you would like to know about Nihon University.
In addition, information for about 1,300 universities, graduate schools, two-year colleges, and vocational schools that accept foreign students is also posted.
Tokyo / Private
|Address||4-8-24 Kudan-Minami, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo|
|Department to contact||Admissions Office, Educational Affairs Section|
|International Students Examination||There is special selection.|
|Admission capacity||a few (for the 2022 school year)|
|Applicants||279 (for the 2021 school year)|
|Successful candidates||38 (for the 2021 school year)|
|Number of international students||136 (for the 2021 school year)|
|Number of privately financed international students||136 (for the 2021 school year)|
|Application fee||35,000 yen (for the 2022 school year)|
|Admission fee||260,000 yen (for the 2022 school year)|
|Application to delay payment or receive a refund||Available.|
|Remarks||1. Amounts of Tuition differ to departments (1,040,000 yen to 1,140,000 yen).
2. Amounts of "Other expenses" differ to departments (450,000 yen to 550,000 yen).
3. Nihon University Alumni Association Fees (Associate Membership) are 10,000 yen per year. Furthermore, in their graduating year, students must pay 10,000 yen for the first year of full membership.
4. There are student support association fees and maintenance fees of 10,000 to 40,000 yen per year, depending on the college. For details, please refer to the guidance page of the Internet Application Site.
5. The university plans to ask for fund-raising activities after admission, though this is an optional activity at your will to improve the foundation of educational, research, and medical activities.
6. Depending on the content of the course, a separate course fee or practical training fee will be required (for details, please contact each faculty).
*Information of 3 to 5 are subject to change.
|Department(s)||Photography, Cinema, Fine Arts, Music, Literary Arts, Theatre, Broadcasting, Design|
|Distribution of application forms||Middle of June|
|Availability of previous exams||Please inquire.|
|Entry (Spring)||April, 2022 entry|
|Application category||Examination at the university|
|Starting date for application submission||July 1, 2021|
|Deadline of application||October 22, 2021 (must arrive by this date)|
|Date of examination||December 12, 2021|
|Notification of examination result||December 21, 2021|
|Deadline of enrollment procedures||January 14, 2022(First deadline) March 11, 2022(Second deadline)|
|Admission procedures - Application from outside Japan||Available.|
|Admission procedures - Visiting Japan for entrance exam||Necessary.|
|Sections of exam prepared by the college or university||Essay, Interview, Practical Skill (Differ by departments and courses), Writing in Japanese (Differ by departments)|
|English examination||Not necessary.|
|Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT)||Not necessary.|
|Remarks||For applicants who apply for Departments of Cinema, Fine Art, Music, or Theatre, please choose 1 course when you apply.
Above information is subject to change by COVID-19. For latest information, please refer to the following official website of the university.
Last update: Jul. 20, 2021