JPSS, for information about studying in Japan's universities and graduate schools. > News／Useful information for studying abroad > Guide for Studying Abroad in Japan > International Students Job Search Guide > Documents required to apply for a change of status of residence to "Designated Activities" (for waiting until your new job starts):
[Applicants must prepare the following]
1. The official form, "Application for Change of Status of Residence" (5 pages, with a photograph)
2. Your passport and residence card
3. Documents proving full financial support for the duration of the status.
[Documents to be obtained from your future place of work]
4. Documents for confirming the company's intention to hire you and the scheduled hiring date.
5. A promissory letter of compliance from the company for keeping contact with the Immigration Bureau.
6. Materials for confirming the contents of any training that will be held before the scheduled hiring date (only when applicable).