Jointly operated by the Asian Students Cultural Association and Benesse Corporation, JAPAN STUDY SUPPORT is a website, which posts information on approximately 1300 universities, graduate schools, two-year colleges, vocational schools that are accepting international students.
Related information about Tohoku University of Art & Design is posted here and the specific details about the faculties of Art and Design including information about entrance examination such as quota for admission and the number of successful applicants and guides for the facilities, access, and other information necessary for international students so please feel free to make use of our website.
Yamagata / Private
|Address||3-4-5 Kami Sakurada, Yamagata-shi, Yamagata|
|Department to contact||Admissions Office|
|International Students Examination||There is special selection.|
|Admission capacity||a few (for the 2022 school year)|
|Applicants||4 (for the 2021 school year)|
|Successful candidates||2 (for the 2021 school year)|
|Number of international students||6 (for the 2021 school year)|
|Number of privately financed international students||6 (for the 2021 school year)|
|Application fee||33,000 yen (for the 2022 school year)|
|Admission fee||275,000 yen (for the 2022 school year)|
|Tuition per year||1,200,000 yen (for the 2022 school year)|
|Other expenses||20,660 yen (for the 2022 school year)|
|Application to delay payment or receive a refund||Available for consultation.|
|Remarks||Tuition differs depending on department.
1,200,000 yen for Department of Cultural Property Conservation and Department of Fine Arts.
|Department(s)||Cultural Pproperty Conservation, Historic Heritage, Fine Arts, Literary Arts|
|Distribution of application forms||Anytime|
|Availability of previous exams||Available on the internet.|
|Entry (Spring)||April, 2022 entry|
|Application category||Examination for international students|
|Starting date for application submission||January 5, 2022|
|Deadline of application||January 14, 2022 (must be postmarked by this date)|
|Date of examination||January 31, 2022|
|Notification of examination result||February 17, 2022 - March 3, 2022|
|Deadline of enrollment procedures||March 3, 2022(First deadline) March 10, 2022(Second deadline)|
|Admission procedures - Application from outside Japan||Available.|
|Admission procedures - Visiting Japan for entrance exam||Necessary.|
|Sections of exam prepared by the college or university||Application screening process, Interview, Practical skill test (short essay, drawing, watercolor painting, oil painting) *Depends on subject/course|
|Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) - Designated subjects||Japanese as a Foreign Language|
|Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) - Language in the exam||Japanese language|
|Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) - Referred exam||Exams from November, 2020 onwards|
|English examination||Not necessary.|
|Remarks||- Those who have foreign nationality
- Those who meets the following requirement.
(1) Those who have completed 12 or more years of school education abroad, and those who are expected to complete by March 2022, or who are recognized as having the same or higher academic ability.
(2) Those who took the “Japanese” exam of EJU conducted in November 2020 or June 2021, and 240 points or higher as the total score of "reading comprehension" and "listening and listening-reading comprehension" .
(3) Those who have enough Japanese language ability to take classes after admission.
(4) In the case of residence in Japan and applying from inside of Japan, those who are eligible for “Student Visa” at the time of application and can still obtain the status of residence of “Student Visa” after admission. Or applying from outside of japan, those who can obtain the status of residence of “Student Visa” at the time of admission.
If you have dual nationality with Japan, please contact the university.
Last update: Jun. 18, 2021