JPSS, for information about studying in Japan's universities and graduate schools. > News／Useful information for studying abroad > Guide for Studying Abroad in Japan > International Students Job Search Guide > Documents required to apply for a change of status of residence to "Designated Activities" (for continuing job hunting):
1. The official form, "Application for Change of Status of Residence" (3 pages, with a photograph)
2. Your passport and residence card
[Applicants must also prepare the following]
3. Documents proving full financial support for the duration of the status.
4. Materials that demonstrate you are searching for work
(Job-hunting records, job-hunting results and plans, Hello Work (employment agency) registration certificate, reservation records for company information sessions, official notifications of job application results, etc.)
[Documents to be obtained from your school]
5. Certificate of graduation from undergraduate or graduate school, or a certification of the title awarded for completion of a professional school program.
6. Letter of recommendation for continued job-hunting activities from the university, graduate school, or professional school.
7. Grades certificates for professional school graduates.
8. Materials describing course contents for professional school graduates.